Saturday, October 23, 2010

Wanna be photographer!

It is no surprise that fall is my favorite time of the year. The turning of seasons, brisk weather, leaves changing colors and of course the annual family snapshots. Usually in the past we have gone with a professional photographer to do the job. But since we have a REALLY nice camera, like professional type camera, I thought I'd try my hand at a little point and shoot.

First off, make sure that the place you want to go to take pictures is open. Yeah, after driving about a half hour to go to a beautiful arboretum, we realized it closed at
5 pm. Shoot! Plan B?! The plan was to drive around the area and find a park that looked cool enough for pictures.






Secondly, make sure to bring enough
bribe snacks for the little subjects to be photographed. We had some hungry girls on our hands and they were not wanting to cooperate. Luckily I had some suckers in the van that I was able to bribe them with. They had probably only been in there since the spring.





Fortunately for me, I had some pretty cute models to work with. (Wouldn't you agree?!) And work it they did! That and a little help from my friend Picasa, we got s
ome good shots! Whew, I am glad this is not my full time job!



No comments:

Post a Comment