Monday, April 26, 2010

A date with my favorite 4-year-old!

My girls LOVE to go out on dates! Their favorite thing to do on a Saturday morning is go on a "family date" to First Watch, a fabulous breakfast/brunch restaurant. We have been there so many times, the waitress doesn't even have to ask us what we'd like to order. The girls fill up on pancakes and syrup and we have great conversation as a family.

I'd like to say that we take the girls out one-on-one just as often -- but we don't. In fact, the girls often don't get alone time with mommy and daddy very much. So when I told Claire that I was taking her out on a date with just mommy, she was ecstatic!! (And I have to admit, I was too!!)




I surprised her by taking her Walls of Clay, a cute little pottery shop where you can paint your own pottery. Claire loves art and could seriously paint or color all day long so she was definitely in her element. She had all her colors picked out and was telling me how exactly she planned on painting her precious piece.


All set and ready to paint!


Lookin' good, Claire!!



Of course, we had to make a stop on the way home at our favorite ice cream store!!

Thanks for a great date, Claire!!


1 comment:

  1. So fun Cass! It's so fun to read your blog. I haven't been on it in awhile! Love. it.

    ReplyDelete