I've been finding myself lacking in the area of thankfulness lately. I'm tired. I'm crabby. I'm downright exhausted. If I have to hear one more tantrum today, I'm going to have one! Being a mom is just not fun sometimes. And let's face it. I am a type A to the max and when I don't get everything crossed off my "to do" list I can get a little testy. Just ask my girls...
So this week, with a birthday party in the works, a trip to Nebraska to pack for and a basement being finished, I was a little spent. I found myself getting impatient every time my toddler pulled at my sleeve asking me to read her a book (for the tenth time), cringing as the kitchen floor needed to be swept, again.
Last night I was reminded, ahem: convicted, that I need to have a thankful heart. I can choose my outlook on life. Choose to see the laundry, crumbs, and messy playrooms as evidence that we have been blessed with children. Children that one day may not want to cuddle up and be read to. Children that one day may not be home for meals regularly. So as I start another load of laundry, sweep the kitchen floor yet again and attempt to pick up the playroom, I will say a prayer of thankfulness that I have been given the opportunity to care for and nurture these precious young ones while I can.
So this week, with a birthday party in the works, a trip to Nebraska to pack for and a basement being finished, I was a little spent. I found myself getting impatient every time my toddler pulled at my sleeve asking me to read her a book (for the tenth time), cringing as the kitchen floor needed to be swept, again.
Last night I was reminded, ahem: convicted, that I need to have a thankful heart. I can choose my outlook on life. Choose to see the laundry, crumbs, and messy playrooms as evidence that we have been blessed with children. Children that one day may not want to cuddle up and be read to. Children that one day may not be home for meals regularly. So as I start another load of laundry, sweep the kitchen floor yet again and attempt to pick up the playroom, I will say a prayer of thankfulness that I have been given the opportunity to care for and nurture these precious young ones while I can.
Oh, Cassie, the Lord has been teaching me the same things lately! Praise God!!! Thanks for sharing your heart. I fully believe mothering/parenting is a very tough calling as well. I'm so glad to hear other moms' honesty on this!
ReplyDeleteOK Cassie! Your view of motherhood & being a daughter of God really spoke to me as well! Thank you for sharing your sweet spirit with us. Yep you ARE inspiring!
ReplyDelete