One thing I wanted to do better this year was have some fun Christmas traditions. I had wanted to make this for our advent calendar but didn't get it done in time. {Next year, Steph, next year!} So I settled on this and did it for the last twelve days of Christmas. I used an old book and tore out twelve strips of paper. I made a paper chain and wrote a number on each chain. There was a passage of scripture to read as well as a clue to find a special treat. It worked out pretty well and the girls looked forward to tearing off a ring each morning and reading part of the Christmas story. We also did a Jesse Tree which walks through the entire Bible leading up to the birth of Christ, along with pictures to represent each story. It was a little deep at times for the girls but still a good way to focus on the true meaning of Christmas: Christ.
I also made one of these to display my Christmas cards!! It was super easy and only cost about $3.00 to make. (Thanks Martha Stewart!)
Something we've done for the past few years is wrap up as many Christmas books as we can find in our house (and the library). Each night the girls get to unwrap a book and we read it before bedtime. They love it and have really enjoyed this tradition!
My most favorite tradition of all time is one that has been going on since I was born. My grandpa reads the Christmas story from the bible every single year. The entire family (all 15 grandkids, 7 great grand kids, uncles, aunts and spouses) gathers around to hear him read the story. It is a very sweet time...a memory I will hold in my heart for years to come. I love that our girls are able to be a part of that tradition as well.
What are some of your favorite Christmas traditions?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment