Once we decided the girls would move in together, I started thinking of color schemes. Claire's bedding before was bright pink, green, purple and yellow. Really cutsie and fun but I wanted something different and a little more mature. Something that would grow with them as they got older. Believe me, this was a long process of figuring out what I wanted. I can be pretty indecisive!!
After lots of looking online and on various blogs, I finally came up with the colors: aqua and brown! It took a little work to convince Chris of this but he eventually agreed and was excited that I wasn't going with more pink. I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for at the stores so I had some custom bedding made by a gal that lives in Manhattan, KS. I contacted her last fall and told her what I wanted and she gladly accepted the challenge. She was so great to work with and her work is extremely high quality. Check out her blog if you want to see more:
After lots of looking online and on various blogs, I finally came up with the colors: aqua and brown! It took a little work to convince Chris of this but he eventually agreed and was excited that I wasn't going with more pink. I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for at the stores so I had some custom bedding made by a gal that lives in Manhattan, KS. I contacted her last fall and told her what I wanted and she gladly accepted the challenge. She was so great to work with and her work is extremely high quality. Check out her blog if you want to see more:
Last month, we painted the room and put up a chair rail. Thanks to our small group and my parents we got the job done in a day and were able to move the girls in together a few days later. The girls' room is basically done except for some room decor I'd still like to add once I figure out exactly what I want to do.
The girls' room...bedding and curtains made by Mandi!
Here is another view...Claire's bed.
A close-up of the curtains...I really love the damask design. Mandi made these curtain with black out lining and it is so great for nap time! LOVE IT!
Did I mention the comforter is reversible?!?
A close-up of the material...this is quality stuff, folks!!
This is the bookshelf against one of the long walls.
I was out browsing last weekend and came upon this sweet little lamp...it matches perfectly!!
I bought these bins from Target...they were hot pink to begin with to match Claire's prior bedding. I painted them with some leftover blue paint and tied a ribbon at the top to accent it. My mom found this polka dot ribbon at Hobby Lobby and I went to town with it. It really adds a lot to the room, I think!
This frame was in Claire's room as well and I also repainted it and used the ribbon my mom had gotten. I love the sweet picture of the girls!
This is the view looking from their beds to the front of their room.
And in their bathroom, I painted these canvases and mounted some pictures of the girls to match the coordinating bath accessories.
Cute bath accessories I found at Target...aren't they fun?
I still have a few more ideas up my sleeve but with all the sickness going around at our house still, I've had to take a little break. I am still looking for ideas as to what I should put up on their walls. So if you have any great suggestions, let me know!!
So what do you think of their new room?!?!
Oh my Cassie, you did great!!! Everything goes together so perfectly, good job!!! The girls have to love it!
ReplyDeleteWOW!! I love it! Makes me want little girls :)
ReplyDelete